Infer Trust is a National Registered Charity Number 1080791.
The principal acitvities of the Trust are:-
- to raise awareness of public health and safety issues with particular reference to the use of firearms and
- to offer support and advice and networking opportunities to those affected by gun violence.
How do we do this?
- We work with a network of people; bereaved parents, victims of gun incidents, families of those injured, and others, offering support, advice and networking opportunities.
- We collect data about incidents from the media, newspapers, internet websites etc.
- We liaise with individuals, schools, local authorities, the Police, Councillors, Members of Parliament, Government Departments and other organisations, to raise awareness of gun misuse issues.
- We commission research about gun misuse and related issues, and work with professionals engaged in this area of study.
- We provide information for teachers, students, journalists and researchers and links to other sites which give information about gun misuse and related issues.
- If you, or a member of your family, has been or are being affected by gun issues, we can offer support, advice and networking opportunities.
- If you are aware of a gun incident which does not appear on our site so we can add it to our list.
- If you are a teacher, pupil, student or researcher etc. and cannot find the information you need.
- If you know of any resources or campaigns that are not recorded on our site.